2/20/11

A Little Catchup

Remember that thing about slowing down? Well I'm reevaluating. Going slow doesn't work either. All it does is make things build up and stress me out, and stress is causing me to not lose weight, which is endlessly frustrating. So instead I made a schedule, including daily routines, that I will try to follow to keep on top of things and keep me sane. In the meantime, one thing I feel like I am keeping on top of is most of the time enjoying life and enjoying my children, well at least after some time away from them when my sister took them for me and we went on a really fun date.


Hey Jesse, I love how you treat your little sister. I love that you teach her everything you know, including how to pretend fight bad guys. You taught her how to count, and that's why she skips the number 15, just like you do. You taught her to put her face in the water and to lay down in the bath without being scared by singing the Herman the Worm song. When I get her in trouble and she cries you look at me funny and hug her. Today you tried to teach her to play Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano, and you probably taught her the words to that song, too. Thanks for picking up my slack, buddy.



 Afton is one sweet little cookie with a very friendly and easygoing personality. She rarely cries, even when I sometimes leave her on the floor on a blanket for long periods of time. She rolls over from tummy to back already and is obsessed with sucking on her hands! Jesse and Breanna love her so so much!

Today Brad had to write an exam for 4 hours so I got some time with my kids on a Sunday with nothing to do but hang out. It was seriously the richest experience. And my kids were being too cute for me not to take a few pics. I read books to them for, like, an hour and a half. Jesse is in love with Indiana Jones and I got a big book on ol' Indy from the library, as well as archeology. It's so fascinating! I should have been an archeologist I think.
The other day I was walking around in the kitchen cleaning up and saying "you know, Breanna, right now things are pretty stressful. It's hard but it's going to get easier-well, people say different but not easier, but I think it gets easier. At least it's always wonderful." And Breanna looks at me and says, 
"Moo-om, are you talking to yoursayalf?" 
I'm really tired and I'm going to go to bed now!

3 comments:

  1. This post broke my heart with joy. If it wasn't hard, it couldn't be as beautiful. And yes, it gets easier in all the ways you need it to, and harder in all the ways you won't expect. But that will be beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daily routines are awesome, even if it's just one small thing a day you'll feel so much better. Have you opened the door to toss out any diapers yet today? It's warming up! This means we might possibly get to go for a run this week-yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the words to the Herman the Worm song? Maybe we can have a concert on the weekend, it sounds hilarious.

    Even if you still feel busy, you sound a lot happier, so that's good!

    ReplyDelete