11/16/09

A 'Sometimes' Day

Well I realized as I went along in my day that this was a pretty typical Monday. I guess yesterday things seemed a little overwhelming. But then I thought, well, you know, this is a pretty typical day in the life of many moms with young kids, and even if it is a regular day perhaps it's still a lot!! So, here it is.

Read scriptures and pray
Eat breakfast
Play hide and go seek and pretend to be April O'Neil helping Rafael get Shredder
Work out (pushups, pullups, and Ab Ripper X!)
Shower and do my hair and makeup (that's the looking good part)
Get the kids ready for the day
Get frozen berries and almonds for a snack
Clean off the kids' faces from all the berry juice
Go to Costco
Get the kids out of the van, in the cart, and to the door, only to realize I left my wallet at home
Drive home
Get my wallet
Drive back
Grocery shopping (and lots of yummy samples!)
Drive home again
Smoothies, homemade bread and cheese for lunch
Clean off the kids' faces from all the berry juice-again

This is the part where I was supposed to put Breanna down for a nap and do all my housework; however, Breanna wasn't tired because she had closed her eyes for 30 seconds on the way to the grocery store. So instead I got her up and she "helped" me with the dishes, meaning she's on a chair by the sink playing with the water, which I now have to fight for...

Clean kitchen (sort of)
Gather up all my clean laundry, go downstairs and turn on OPRAH! (I haven't watched it in years.)
Watch Sarah (one of my heroes) defend her qualifications for leadership (again) in between folding laundry, shushing the kids and making Jesse a ninja-turtle belt for his swords out of yarn
Make supper
Read kids books while supper is cooking
Eat Taco soup for supper-the kids love it

Here's where I combined 2 things into one. I had to canvass for the Canadian Diabetes Association and I also had to have Family Home Evening. So Brad talked to the kids about service, we put them in the running stroller, and off we went.

Collect $71 for the Canadian Diabetes Association (last year I got zilch, it's all uphill from there!)
Brad puts the kids to bed while I put away the laundry

And that brings us to now! All I have left now is to do some planning for my Young Women's girls and then I will probably watch House read my book in bed. My friends Kellee and Sheila have older kids and for them their evening doesn't begin until 10:00 when their older kids are finally asleep. I don't know what I will do then!

But here's the question we've all be waiting for...

Did I look good doing it??




I guess it depends on what time of the day we're talking about!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Dang, I missed Oprah today. Was it worth it? Will you watch it tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's unbelievable what you get done in a day! One thing about Oprah, she always says that being a mother is the hardest job of all. She is so right. And when you do it so well... no wonder you sometimes look like picture #4!
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when I read that you got all the way there and left your wallet at home. Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I can imagine having a day like this- like MAYBE once a week. But all day every day year after year...um...
    Isn't there supposed to be a few hours a day when you get to put them away(kids, responsibilities, etc) and then do whatever you want? No?

    ReplyDelete