9/18/09

September Fun

Mmmmm....September.

What a beautiful month. The days are warm, but never too hot, and the nights are wonderfully cool. The leaves turn yellow and fall and smell delicious. It's new sweaters and jeans, new classes, new beginnings, blue blue sky. I love everything about this month! Plus it's my birthday tomorrow :)

I love being with my kids. Yes there are monotonous, even stressful times (eg. today at Superstore trying to pick out winter clothing for the kids with Jesse shouting LOUD "Shake, shake, shake my sillies out! Clap, clap, clap my sillies out! Stomp stomp stomp my sillies out! etc."...over and over...) but I just love spending time with them. I count my blessings every day I have the opportunity to be here to raise these beautiful children. I love going for walks with them, climbing at the park with them, coloring with them, dancing with them, reading to them. It's been so nice lately and we've been outdoors quite a bit. Here's some highlights:



Being in the pool in the back yard for hours on end. It's not in the picture, but we were using the hose to wash some of our carrots from the garden and eating bunches of them. YUM!



Going for bike rides and lots of walks as a family and during the day without Brad-this is by far my favourite thing. We made the most fun discovery the other day, a puppy in its back yard who wants to play! He brings his little toy to the edge of the fence where we can reach it, and then we throw it and watch him race and twist and flip to get it. It's one of our newest and greatest pleasures!



Jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath. Breanna literally stayed by the edge the whole time and cried. Jesse would rub her back and try to coax her into the water, but she wouldn't budge. And yes, I was on there in my swimsuit (that barely fits now) too!



Meeting Brad at the spraypark downtown for lunch. The kids could have stayed there ALL day. We were there for a long time, I think this has to be one of my kids' favourite activities ever.



Blowing bubbles. They sure love this. I brought bubbles to the little playground by our house the other day and there were tonnes of kids from a daycare playing there. After some time I started blowing bubbles and before I knew it the whole big group of kids were running around and popping them. Jesse and Breanna had the happiest grins on their faces!

I should also mention how much I've been loving my husband lately. We had our 6 year anniversary last month and he really treated me and I felt really special and loved. He took tomorrow off work for my birthday and I'm so excited. I'm going to read my book (a great one I'll talk about later) and clean without kids (I know that sounds so lame, but somehow this seems a luxury to me!), sleep, and shop. Thank-you life! :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sarah!
    I hope it is a fabulous day for you. What a present to have Brad home too!
    Hope you are spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I, too, hope you have a fabulous day! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Thank you, life." What a wonderful thing to say. You really are blessed, but the fact that you know it is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete