9/9/09

Jesse's First day

Yesterday was Jesse's first day of pre-school. I was more excited than he was-that is until we put stuff in his backpack and put his new Superman shirt on.

I've been talking about school for a while and saying "but it's not for a long time." So when we explained that today was the day he said "it wasn't for a long time, but now it is!" I walked him to school telling myself to pull it together this is just PRE-school and only 2 hours for crying out loud! But I couldn't stop looking at my confident little man walking to school and feeling like he suddenly got bigger than I thought he was.


I wasn't the only one feeling emotional-Breanna kept crying "where's my backpack? I want to go to school too!"




I guess I was the embarrassing mom who was there 20 minutes early. I thought maybe I could go in with him and show him where the washrooms were, get him comfortable and take a few pictures. Sadly the teacher looked at me kind of funny and said "we'll be ready for you in 20 minutes." Who knew I was the overeager parent. I'm assuming this is the beginning of a long life of figuring out how to deal with the fact that my wonderful, bright, super-sweet Jesse is just a small fish in the big public school pond! (I'm sure all parents feel that way to some degree right?)


I have been trying to teach Jesse how to introduce himself, ("hi my name is Jesse, what's yours? Nice to meet you!" etc.) but instead he walked up to a little boy, pointed at his shirt and said "look at me, I'm Superman!" But on the walk home Jesse told me that he had introduced himself the proper way to some kids. At least he was listening.

When we were walking home, Jesse suddenly saw Breanna standing on the porch waiting for him. He shouted "Breanna!!" and ran to her with the biggest smile.

This is an overdramatic yet cute little video Brad made of coming home and the subsequent interrogation.



Yay for school! I love school! :)


3 comments:

  1. Yay for school! And double yay for moms and dads who celebrate this big, important step. Poor little Breanna - it's easy to see how much she and Jesse love each other. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maren is so jealous that Jesse gets to go to school. She's watched the movie at least 3 times today. The first day Kyle went to kindergarten I bawled all the way home (we walked) and I thought I should go and check on him at lunch recess, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video is so adorable! And Jesse with his superhero gear does look a lot older. I'm glad he had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete