1/18/09





This is me trying to get a cute shot of my kids before church.

Love it.  Brad and I are obviously not talented photographers, but I think my subjects are a bit difficult too. Actually Jesse is finally at the age where he likes to get his picture taken and does a good job staying put and smiling. He tries to hold on to Breanna but she is not so willing! 

My journal is full and so are the kids' baby books, so I will talk a bit about these two on here. I had a couple of proud mom moments this week. Monday for Family Home Evening we did a lesson on "service makes us happy" and used some cut out fruit and vegetable puzzles as an object lesson.



We all set goals about what we were going to do that week and Jesse's was help mommy. (I promised not to yell and Brad promised to put away his dirty clothes, neither of us succeeded, but anyways...) Jesse was being so good the next day. I said "Jesse, thank-you for helping mommy, that makes me so happy." And he said "like the fruit!!" It was a cool and scary moment to realize he is taking in what I teach him.

Jesse is so loving and compassionate. Today Breanna had her first real diaper rash (long story). She cried and cried. Jesse brought her a stuffed giraffe to hold. He kissed her and even in the middle of her scream she leaned in to kiss him back. He was so matter-of-fact about it. When I drop them off at babysitting at the gym, Jesse will say "Mom, I kept Breanna safe!" Jesse is always helping her get up on things like couches and train tables and beds by pushing her up by the bum. It takes all his muscles but she always ends up where she wants to be.  I'm so glad they have each other! He also has a crazy memory, didn't get that from me, but I love it.

As for Breanna, she says so many words, I'm not sure if that's normal for her age, but it makes me proud either way! My favorites are "Moe!"(you need the high-pitched voice and the inflection to get the full effect) meaning more, which she says whenever she wants to eat, and "baba" for bottle. She also sings along with me to Old McDonald by saying "EIEIO" and on his farm he had a "Daw" (for dog) with a "woof woof" here. I also love the way she says "No-no!" so emphatically and "yeah!" in a sing-song voice like down up! down (if that makes sense). For example "bAby, yaAah!" She has taken to saying "MOMMY!" all the time because whenever she says it I respond. So she says it just to make sure that still works. I also love her morning "hi mama!"

Well, that's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it was just what you wrote, or if the music in the background I'm listening to had anything to do with it, but when I read about Jesse loving and taking care of Breanna, it made me cry! And Breanna leaning up to kiss him back, I just can't get enough of those two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mother you are. And what a beautiful family.

    Those two little ones remind me of a certain Sterling and Sarah and how much they loved each other.

    ReplyDelete