1/6/09

Chocolate Chip High


So, it's 2:30 in the afternoon, my son has been watching TV for an hour and counting, I'm in my housecoat, my housework is very obviously neglected, and I've just eaten about 2 cups of marshmallows and a cup of chocolate chips. I stayed up past one AM last night reading a copy of my Mom's newest book (and helping her with the ending), not yet published but I have no doubt it will be. I honestly could not put it down. It's called Angel, but I'm not saying anything more than that! Okay, so my mom is pretty much the only one who reads my blog, but just in case. It's brilliant. My son is sick. My husband's going to be late coming home from work so I'll have to put the kids to bed. I haven't brushed my teeth yet. Come to think of it I didn't brush my teeth last night either because I forgot- I was too busy reading my mom's book. So I've felt like I was sleepwalking until now and was thinking my day is wasted and I might as well resign myself. However now I am on a huge sugar high! That is what eating chocolate chips does for me!! Always has! I don't usually have them in the house, or any treat for that matter. Keep in mind I don't even drink pop and am very aware of what I take into my body. Later I will get a bad headache. But for now, my kids are happy and Jesse's now building something with blocks and Breanna-woops, Breanna has one of the "learn to read" DVD's I picked up from the Library-and I, I feel like I can do something with my day! And I'm not sure that's a good thing... :) 

2 comments:

  1. You are a superb editor with a brilliant eye for story. I'm not sure how I wrote the other books without your input.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why aren't you writing a story of your own, Sarah?

    ReplyDelete