1/8/09

Can't sleep

Can't sleep, so I'm going to blog. Makes me feel like someone is listening. I love that about this virtual world. Today I went to a class called "Group Groove". Wow. A month ago I was jogging 6 miles and could actually feel the strength and definition in my legs. After a lot of slacking I now look to this to get my heart rate up:
 So I'm not in the picture, but you get the idea. I was just too sore to run from my workout on Monday. It was fun. I amaze myself at how little pride I have sometimes. I actually got pretty into it.  (I know I sound really mean and snobby, sorry, but these are my thoughts nonetheless.) Now, in the summer I did this Super-sprint triathlon with my friend Claire.
 

It was something in my life that I can say I overcame a lot of fear and several obstacles to accomplish. I did well, but I didn't know that at the time I finished the race. All I could think was, Sarah, you did it! You can accomplish what you put your mind to! So now I am seeing the Moonlight Run in Lethbridge in my future and I have to decide if it's something I want to do. It would take every ounce of courage and motivation I have to try to get to a level I would be okay with in that 10k. But I remember the feeling I had after that triathlon and maybe it is worth it. Maybe life is worth trying at! So I think I'm going to start training again, yes it will take a lot of motivation and a bit more time away from my family, but I will try to make the time I am with them more quality. One way I want to do that is getting rid of this Sarah:
  and this Sarah:and this Sarah:

And try to be more like this:



"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine." 

"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." 
"Stop looking for the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight." 
and finally, my one New Year's Resolution:
"Forget yourself and get to work." 
— Gordon B. Hinckley

2 comments:

  1. I love these quotes - very inspiring. Thank you! And good luck with the Moonlight run. I'd like to be there for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was inspired by your blog because I imagined it felt so liberating to write what you're really feeling and share it with everyone, so I wrote my own blog note thing and posted it on facebook for everyone to read. It was the exact push that I needed right now and it feels amazing. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete