6/2/09

Feverish




"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed."

Our family just returned from our Spring holiday and I am happy to say it was one of those beautiful vistas. My life goes in cycles and it is always nice to find myself feeling truly happy and content for periods of time. The last time I really felt this way was Christmas holidays. I think it has a lot to do with Brad being around :) Really, it was nice to spend so much time together and remember how much we LIKE each other! Daily life- delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts- gets in the way of those feelings sometimes.

Today I am sick with a fever and one of those sore throats that makes it awful to swallow and feeling bad about yelling at Jesse and worrying about all the things I could get done if I had the energy and wishing Brad were home...but it feels good knowing the cycle will come back around soon.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're sick - I've only had enough sore throats in my life to be really, really empathetic.

    I love the picture of Jesse alone on the tramp - he is such a reflective kid. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Breanna on the trampoline, but I would say Jesse can be reflective too...as long as he's moving a mile a minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures. I'm sorry you are feeling sick. That is never fun.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you put something on about worm town.

    ReplyDelete