2/14/09

10 Things to Love About Sarah...

...As if there is only 10.

This is Brad, Sarah's husband.  A few days ago she humored me by publishing a post about me.  I figured since it's Valentines day that I could return the favour.  


1.  She's Smart.  I mean really smart.  Read this blog, 'nuf said.

2.  She's beautiful.  I mean reaaaallllly beautiful.
I can't believe that I (see below a candid pic the darn paparazzi snapped of me while I was innocently bathing in my back-yard)...

could score her (again, see below)  Whoa!

3.  She makes me feel good about myself.  She always humors my obsession with technology,

 and numbers (but who isn't impressed that there are over 100 billion stars in the Milky Way, I mean, seriously.

4.  She loves with her whole heart.  When Sarah decides she loves someone, she really loves them.  She has friends that she has been loyal to for her whole life because she loves them.  I've been married to Sarah for over 5 years and I have never met her friend Tracey (she lives in Europe, or something), but she talks about Tracey like they see each other every day!

5.  She loves our kids, even when they are a handful.  How do you honestly love someone who makes you clean up this...

Most days I am grateful that I get to go to work in the morning, and leave Jesse and Breanna with Mom.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but they're a lot of work.  I don't know how she gets through the week.  I have about as much as I can handle when she goes to the gym for 2 hours, but she happily spends time with them reading, painting, teaching, playing, loving, praising, building and disciplining.  Thank goodness for Sarah.

6.  She cares for her body.  Health is very important to Sarah, but it's more than about looking good.  It's about being able to live a fuller life.  To Sarah, working out is much the same as saving for the future.  Continually depositing money in her 'health' bank while she's young and able will allow her to make withdraws from that bank long into the future.  I wish I shared this discipline.  

7.  She loves the scriptures and wants to make sure that our kids share that same love.  I can't think of a day that Sarah has not read her scriptures.  I'm not sure if I have a bad memory, but I'm amazed that every day when I leave for work, Sarah has her bed lamp on and is reading her scriptures.  

8.  Sarah is continually looking for ways to improve herself.  Seriously.  I go through stages, where I'll strive for improvement for a while, then quit for a looooong time, then try for a few days, then quit again.  Sarah is not like this.  She is constantly thinking about what she can be doing better - for herself, her kids, me, her church calling.  She may not always succeed, but it does not stop her from trying, and I think that's what is most admirable.  She just doesn't get down about it.  If she is feeling down, she'll just 'matter-of-factly' admit that you can't change the past, so lets change now and make sure the future is different.

9.  Sarah stays true to her commitments.  When Sarah decides she's going to do something, it gets done - 100% of the time.  

10.  Sarah's smile and laugh.  There is nothing in this world that I love more than to see my beautiful wife smile.  Smile at me, our children, a small bird, a beautiful rock, the mountains, warm water, long showers, a comfortable bed, a good book, a funny movie, a sad movie, an unpredictable situation or a good conversation - I just love her smile.   

Happy Valentines Day Sarah.

Love Brad

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys have each other. This made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful husband!
    What a lovely wife!
    Together you're building
    a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete