10/22/10

What?





This morning at about 9:30am I was upstairs. My kids were downstairs watching TV. I was sneaking a piece of leftover birthday cake. As I sat there in my housecoat, my kids still in pajamas, breakfast not cleaned up, eating cake at 9:30am, I thought...what has become of me??? And I went back to bed.



What has become of me? I get very little sleep at night because I'm either getting up to pee or blowing my nose and sneezing for hours due to some strange new allergy thing that has popped up. I've gained 50 pounds so far. Most of my maternity clothes don't fit anymore. Although some of it must be water because my fingers look like sausages and my nose is huge. It hurts to roll over, stand up, or walk. In summary: HUGE, PUFFY, EXHAUSTED, HURTING, NO CLOTHES.

Yep, it looks as though I've entered that last phase of pregnancy that makes labor seem less and less scary-the just get this thing out of me phase.

On the other hand, I have so much to be glad about!!

1. I do not have heartburn like I did in the first trimester.Well, just a little, but it's not that bad. THANK-you baby!
2. It's nowhere near as bad as the first 6 months. Besides being huge, exhausted and in pain, I feel great.
3. I never have to do this again if I don't want to!
4. I only have 5 more weeks!!!! Before the due date, so really I have 6 or 7, but that's doable!
5. When this is over I get to have a baby.

I am so so very excited to meet this baby. I ask Brad every day, aren't you SO excited?

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh - because it made me remember. Sounds like you deserved cake and a nap this morning. Enjoy it while you can - when you have that third baby, you'll be run off your feet and you'll lose those extra pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmMMmm, I love how pregnancy gives us an excuse to do things. For me it was brownies for breakfast!
    This post was fantastic birth control for me, to remind me enjoyable those last weeks of pregnancy are (note the sarcastic tone). I always scoff when they say they are easier in then out... I really distaste discomfort and love the meeting my new baby!!

    ReplyDelete