10/14/10

Vain

I bought this dress at the same time as I bought my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. There was a sign in the change room and it said something like "you're pregnant-indulge yourself." I fell for it like a sucker. Brad and I went on a date that night and I had nothing to wear so I came out in the new dress. He said "you can't be serious. You're wearing a moo-moo (sp?) on our date?" Since then he's also commented that it is a bit showy.


But I feel pretty in it. Pretty enough to be super vain and take pictures of myself in it.



A story about this very mirror: I was a strange and unusual young adult. I liked to turn up my music really, really loud when I thought no one was around. A few times someone was around. Like the time I was listening to Wu-Tang and the poor pregnant lady in the basement had to scream at the top of her lungs to get me to turn it down. And the time I was listening to Outkast and dancing all crazy-like and one of the guys living in the basement passed the window and waved. He laughed. I've never been so embarrassed ever. Well I got the last laugh because the other day Brad took the kids to the park and I was cleaning up the kitchen. So naturally I turned up the music loud (but not that loud). I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror- 7 1/2 months pregnant, hair in a big bun on top of my head, dancing away. Can you picture it?


Speaking of vanity, you know that song "You're so Vian" by Madonna? The chorus says "you're so vain, you prob'ly think this song is about you." Well, how would you feel if someone kept singing that song every time you were in the room? This has happened to me. And it's a very awkward position to be in. 

5 comments:

  1. Your Brad is hilarious. I personally love your mumu, it's pretty. I don't think I've ever had the thought that you would be a fan of Wu-Tang or Outkast... interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha -- I totally remember this mirror in our Banff Trail bsmt apartment... and being the 'somebody that was around' a time or two. I miss you, and you look fabulous in your dress. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Melissa-So sorry!! well at least I wasn't listening to "THat Thing You Do" Do you remember that?? Over and over and over and over and....AAH!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your mumu is beautiful! And I hope you are dancing with the mirror until you are a very old woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Word. I seriously can't hear 'That thing you do' without having nightmarish flashbacks to the 'over and over' syndrome. That, and what's-his-name's 'drums' with the pots and pans... all. day. long. Yeesh! Too funny though -- good memories. :o)

    ReplyDelete