10/23/10

It's a Date

One day a couple of weeks ago I realized I have never really had a lot of alone time with Breanna. And as soon as baby is here, we will really never have alone time. So I decided to take her on a date.




I was only slightly more excited to give her this dress than she was to get it. I've been waiting for weeks to give it to her. She always wants to dress up and all we have are church dresses. So today before we left I said "what dress do you want to wear?" I brought her to her closet where I had it hung up and she saw it. She was pretty stunned, but mellow and even-keeled as usual. "Uhmmm...I want to wear Snow White!"


We went to Storybook Theater and watched Once Upon a Lily Pad and ate popcorn. Breanna was so sweet- she sat very still and quiet the whole time and clapped enthusiastically after all the songs.
When it was all over the kids went and played on the set. Breanna loved it! She would have stayed there forever.
Dancing on the lily pad


She kept jumping off this "log" over and over and over.


Then of course I said, let's go get a treat. What do you want, Breanna? And guess what she picked? JUICE! So we went to Booster Juice. I even said 'cupcake?' a couple of times because Crave was just around the corner...but juice it was. I love her little personality, how pensive and thoughtful she is. How laid-back and nice she is. Just so easy to be with. So precious.
THE END

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. The only thing more wonderful and magical and thoughtful than this little girl is her mother's love for her. Lucky Breanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, good idea to do this before your baby comes! I love that you gave her the Snow White dress for the big day! And I'm jealous of your cool date...Storybook Theatre? Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is too sweet. Can I "borrow" her for a few days when the baby comes? When Maren's at school I feel a little lost...

    ReplyDelete