9/3/10

It looks like we overspent in August
Oops. So this month, I have to take inventory of what I want vs. what I need.

We wanted to go to Calaway park this weekend, but instead we went to Heritage park since we already had passes. The kids had fun and now that I look at it, I'm not sure it's going to ruin their childhood if they don't go to Calaway park this summer.

We wanted to go on a date to the movies because my brother and sister-in-law offered to babysit, but instead we stayed home and hung out with them and watched wipeout. It's so funny. Plus Derek and Katie are great and I wish they would hang out with us more often.

I wanted to get Jesse and Breanna new hoodies and jeans for school but instead they're going to wear  hand-me-downs for the first few weeks.

I really want to buy a new plant for my living room because the old one died, and my living room looks empty and colorless.

Brad really wants new headphones, and I really want him to have new headphones, but he's gonna use the too-small ones for now.

We really need a dresser for the kids because their clothes are piled crazily in one closet right now as we are adding a new child to the mix, but instead I'm going to keep folding and refolding and refolding and refolding and refolding..........and refolding.

I want, like realllly really really really really want to buy this beautiful dollhouse for Breanna for her birthday/Christmas. This, I'm sure, will ruin her childhood, but it's still not going to happen.

I really want a new table and chairs....
New clothes....
To go to Europe....or China....
To go back to school....

Original artwork!
Antiques!
A cabin!
A boat!
A tummy tuck!...

But. 
Instead I'm just going to be happy with what I have.

Right now.


It's pretty darn good, anyway :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Sarah. I love it!

    another Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know what you mean! I think my mantra needs to be something along the lines of "Look at the Big Picture", but sometimes...sigh LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother must have done a good job with you because this post proves that you are wise and funny and you know what is most important in life. :)

    ReplyDelete