7/15/12

A Time for Fun

I remember this day because it was the first day after Brad was finished school and we went for a walk in Prince's Island Park. I was so relieved while we were walking along. I felt like life was about to begin. And really, it has! The fun never stops these days! 
Here's me and Breanna playing at the playground at Prince's Island Park.

What a good Dad! Camping in the back yard.

Getting Ice Cream from Annie's


Another science experiment. This one is cool, you attach string or yarn between two chairs, put a straw on it, blow up a balloon (but don't tie it) and tape it to the straw. The kids laughed for a long time! As you can see my floor is a mess and the kids are in swimsuits. Welcome to my summer!


Out for dinner with my peeps. We have been friends for 18 years and they are amazing women who I admire and trust and love!

Afton: "NEEZE!"

Breanna the beach babe!



Brad's Stampede Breakfast is always a fun time. We love the face painting.




Brad and I have been making lots of time for each other lately, just the two of us. I think this is so important for a couple, or maybe just us I don't know, but we were missing it big time this year so we're making up for lost time. I love it. Lots of pictures to follow of our stampede fun and it was SO fun!
Waiting in line for the zip line.



This was way higher than I thought it was. I don't know how high it was but taking that first step off of there was a liiiiiiiittttlllle bit scary. After I got going it was SO fun I wanted to do it again!


Me and my friend Claire-we've been friends for about 14 years. Woe. I ate so much food, let's see: 
A fruit smoothie, a big burger, lemonade, a chicken pita wrap, funnel cake, deep fried oreos and pizza. So worth it though!
We got standing tickets to the grandstand show as seats were sold out so we had to stand and wait for a long time. But I would definitely say it was worth it. Amazing! 





I got a bit sappy while watching the grandstand show. Especially at the part with the natives. The eagle above was massive, I would say my favorite part of the show. There's a guy sitting on it too. I have so much respect for the Indians and their culture and I'm so glad that we try to celebrate it. Also I have been reading a book on WW2. I can't believe what we had to go through for our freedom. It's amazing to have it and because of it we can create beautiful things at will.  Also my friend Roxene died of cancer and it really hit me while watching this show, because I just thought, she should still be here. It's very sad to think of her in pain in her last days and her little family. Life is not fair, and it's hard, but it's beautiful.




1 comment: