6/24/11

I wish I had the time to blog every day because there's been so much stuff I want to remember lately! Like that the kids finished swimming lessons and Jesse's report card said "Amazing job, Jesse!" Breanna didn't pass and could barely do any of the skills for her level. I didn't tell her of course. But it broke my heart when we got home and she made me get tape and display it on the wall. Most of the things on the wall are Jesse's because of preschool. Poor little girl just wanted something to be proud of!

 Being a stay at home mom in summer time is pure bliss.  Today we went outside with sidewalk chalk and no shoes while Afton was napping and drew hopscotch and looked for spiders. The day before that I packed a picnic and we were at the lake all day. The kids never wanted to leave and I wouldn't have if it wasn't for Afton. The day before that we went for a walk to find lilacs and pick some for our table. I'm treasuring this time because summer is so short here!

First a little video of Jesse's grad song, Breanna's music lessons and Afton on the swing. Warning: Very boring for anyone not related to these children :)



Jesse has the best entry to his preschool grad if I do say so myself! He's such a goof! His preschool teacher had to "have a little chat" (she's English) with Jesse and then me a few times for being too silly and not listening. I wasn't too concerned but it is SO embarrassing to get the chat in front of the other parents in the lineup! Though I know it's not necessarily good, I adore his lisp every time he says "slippery." Watching Breanna's little hands in the you and me song gives me that tinge of-I don't know how to describe the feeling-it's like, love and happiness but also sadness that she won't be this little forever.

Here's a few pictures I like from our lake day. I didn't make them brown and white to be artistic-it was an accident :)


I felt bad because I told Breanna to go play with these girls and they looked at her and said "we're building our own castles." And Breanna looked pretty rejected!
 Good Ol' Indy
Some interesting facts about Afton: She loves balls, she seems pretty nimble and likes to throw and bang things and roll balls. Also, she likes to crawl on the grass, and most babies hate it! Makes things easier for me!

Then I figured out how to turn off the brown and white and I was sad because I didn't know how to get it back and I kinda liked it.
Yes, I only ever do Breanna's hair in a ponytail. I'll figure out the fancy stuff sometime!
That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this! Your children are so very obviously talented and brilliant in every way!

    ReplyDelete