6/11/11

Moments

Having three kids is exhausting. Favorite stress moments of the week:

1. Superstore, grocery shopping with the kids. We're at the back of the store when Jesse says he has to pee. Washrooms are at the front of the store.

2. Trying on a sports bra at the mall while Afton crawls out of the change room.

3. Driving to my sister's house to watch her kids when I turn a corner too sharp and completely demolish the tire, at which point I get the kids out of the van and start the hour-long trek home.

4. Performing the heimlich maneuver on Afton. When that was done I was shaking and crying and didn't stop crying for the rest of the night.

5. Swimming lessons, followed by an afternoon at the lake with Jesse's preschool and a crying, tired 6-month-old.

The funny thing is, probably my favorite moment of the week was looking at and smelling a lilac tree on  the way home after ruining the tire on the van.

Oh, no! Nevermind. My favorite moment of the week was this:

After a long run today I was supposed to meet Brad and the kids at the river down in Fish Creek park. As I turned the corner and saw the bridge where we were meeting it started to rain. I was disappointed to see they weren't there to greet me but thought they must have turned around when it started to rain. So I kept on jogging. After a while I could see the hill to get home when I heard Brad call out in the distance: "Sarah!" I couldn't see him but I was sooo glad to hear I wasn't alone down there in that cold wet valley. A few minutes later, I saw these kids running down the hill yelling "Mommy!":

Such a happy moment!

And at the top of the hill this little one:

Preciousness.

I'm glad to be running again but I'm relearning some forgotten skills. One of them? Always cut your toenails before a run. Halfway through I could feel one of my toenails falling off and it hurt. Now it's all black and blue and getting ready to fall off. So worth it though :)

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite memories of you and me is going for a walk in the rain on the backpaths behind our house at Varmoor. We stopped under all the lilac trees just to breathe in the delicious scent of rain on lilacs. Now whenever I smell lilacs,I think of that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so sweet, Sarah! I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh kids are great aren't they?? I saw Brad and your kids walk by the back of our house in the rain on their way to Fish Creek. i was impressed that he braved the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had that terrible experience with Afton, but thank goodness you know how to do a Heimlich... talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete