5/22/11

Dandelions

I've been thinking a lot lately about living in a fallen world. Things aren't meant to be all rosy.

The other day Brad came home with a green spray bottle containing a crazy chemical called Weed-B-Gone. He went out and promptly sprayed every budding dandelion in our front yard. The next day they were shrivelled up and dead, just as he'd hoped.

Jesse was quite distraught and told Dad "you can't kill anymore dandelions!!"

Breanna has to pick some whenever we see them. She usually gives me one, which I hold onto for about a second before I discretely get rid of it.

Who ever labeled dandelions a bad thing anyway? They're pretty.

(Pictures from our walk home from church today)






5 comments:

  1. I don't know about dandelions, but your family walking home from church sure is a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should get brave and walk to church together some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the same stuff last week but have been too tired to try it. Glad to know that it actually works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read the Holy Secret? It has a lot to say about fallen man. If you're thinking about a fallen world, I think you'd like it. It's by the same author as The Peacegiver. I liked the Holy Secret better.

    And I just finished a book called SECRET DAUGHTER that I think you'd like. I thought it was good. But it's not THE SECRET DAUGHTER, that looks like a racy romance novel.

    Looks like Dandelions are fun. Apparently weedbgone works better than Killex because mine didn't die in a die. I'm going to get some of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Secret Daughter :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete