10/5/14

My Awesome Life

I chose this title for my blog because of my friend who says he hates blogs because they make everybody's life seem awesome. Well, here it is, my awesome life :)

Fall is in full swing. It's my favourite time of year, when I seem to reap the blessings of life and enjoy the harvest of my daily work. 

One day I woke up to see this out my window. It was summer, and then it was this. The trees were so heavy with snow their branches broke and caused a bit of chaos and excitement in the streets. Personally, I couldn't understand why people were complaining. If only snow were always like that: delightfully white and fluffy, perfect snowman snow, there one day and gone the next.


One day. The next.


Fall means one of our favourite family traditions, helping with the annual City-wide food drive.  It's getting so Brad and I are doing less and less work, leaving most of it to the industry of the kids, and they work so hard!



We've had many beautiful days this fall, and one of them we spent celebrating my nephew Christian turning one year.


Christian is the crazy cute kid on the left, but it seems every picture I take of him has Jacob in it because I just love the two of them. They're such a perfect pair and both have warm, brilliant little spirits. 

My Sister-in-law Katie pulled off a super fun, perfect little one-year-old boy party. She's always amazing me with her talents. I'm so glad to have her in our family.
The cupcakes are part of a train. 

And the indestructible train piñata. I wanted to break it so bad, it took a lot of self control for me to hold back and let other people (ahem, the kids) do it.


Of course I have to sneak in a pic of this kid (although blurry) because he is the funniest, cutest 2-year-old in the world at present.

Then, to top off a wonderful autumn, we had this awesome day! Every year on General Conference day we watch out our window as people gather at the starting line of the Harvest Half Marathon. We sometimes sneak out and cheer them on. Every year my husband Brad says, next year I'm going to do it. And then this year he did!! It was a beautiful day! He's so naturally good at running, he didn't have time to train much and yet he did awesome, I was so proud of him! Seriously I love this guy,  I'm so blessed to have him in my life.


This is what you get at the end of a race when you don't listen to your wife and eat too little for breakfast. He got low blood sugar in the last 3k of the race and slowed down his pace considerably so as not to faint, then collapsed at the finish line. He still did awesome, which tells you how good he really is. Afterwards we watched General Conference, my absolute favourite, a time to soak in love, light and truth, and then headed to my Mom's house for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, of which I have no pictures. Time for someone else to step up :)

These two pictures sum up just about how I feel right now. Free, grateful, healthy and happy.




2 comments:

  1. You do have an awesome life! Thank you for sharing a little of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was the most perfect snowman snow. And I hope it wasn't too hard to watch when David and I said forget the kids and we trashed the piñata. It was really satisfying- probably just as much or more than what you thought it would feel like :)
    C.

    ReplyDelete