3/6/13

Jesse's Birthday

Jesse turned lucky number 7. And Jesse, we sure are lucky to have you! Jesse was born with boundless energy, extreme curiosity and fascination with life that continues to this day. He has a wild imagination and uses it to create all kinds of entertaining scenarios with his sisters and friends. He's passionate and loyal-I mean, I really think he will always love Indiana Jones, but that translates to other things in his life also. He never has a bad thing to say about anyone and forgives easily. Right now he wants to be an archaeologist and picks books from the library that will help learn about that. He also loves Scooby Doo. Jesse is a perfectionist and competitive, which can manifest in good and bad ways that make me worry all the time; but I'm interested to see where those traits take him in his life. Jesse is an awesome brother and such a good friend. Seriously, I think he has the social awareness of a 20 year old. That can also be good and bad, and again makes me worry a lot! He has a good conscience-he really tries hard to choose the right. His prayers amaze me-they are sooooo long, but he asks for really good things and is always thankful for things like "the grass and the trees and the rocks and the cliffs and the mountains and the lakes" etc.

I think one of my favourite moments in motherhood came the other day when Jesse came to me while I was rushing around in the kitchen and gave me a nice tight hug. He said "thank-you Mom" in a serious voice. I said "for what?" and he said "nothing. I just love you." It was so sincere it stopped me in my tracks and I felt truly appreciated.

Jesse, I love and admire you so much. You are a great kid who makes the world a better place- who makes my world better place.

Jesse is totally into Scooby Doo and also loves treasure hunts and maps so I made up a scenario where a monster stole his presents and in their place was a note from Scooby Doo and Shaggy and a map. I decided not to have parties this year and wanted to do something different so Jesse just invited a couple of his close friends. They had to follow the maps which I hid in the park and at the lake to find the presents. At the end Brad jumped out with a scary mask and I think he really scared one of Jesse's friends! But the kids loved it and took it VERY serious, running as fast as they could from place to place. 


One of his presents was a bunch of scooby doo books I found on eBay. They are hard to find! As you can see he was pretty happy.


And I guess this is what smart kids do when they get together? Haha


 As part of the Scooby theme Jesse wanted cheeseburgers for supper and "cheeseburgers" for dessert. So I made cheeseburger cupcakes and also sent a bunch of mini ones to school with him. They were a big hit!


Jesse eating a cheeseburger cupcake. It looks like a real cheeseburger hey?

 The next day Brad took him and a friend snowboarding. Definitely one of Jesse's favourite things to do.




Happy 7th Birthday Jesse!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jesse, I love and admire you, too!
    No wonder he loves you, Sarah - what a great party idea. And how do you make cheeseburger cupcakes?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he is definitely a keeper and bless his heart, I asked him to say our opening prayer for class on Sunday after a few minutes of super rowdy time, and he asked for help for everyone to be reverent. I could've cried, it was so sweet and he was such a good "reverent example" the whole rest of class. Also, I heard how awesome those cupcakes looked and after seeing the picture I am SUPER impressed, good job Mom!

    ReplyDelete