12/9/11

Breanna's 4th birthday party was a lot of work but so much fun! I even made those cheesy puff balls to hang from the ceiling. It's hard to entertain 9 little girls for 3 hours, but it's also fun to see them happy. The party had everything Breanna loves: a picnic, all the colors of the rainbow, crafts, dancing and candy.


See those pretty sparkly party hats? Breanna wanted black. She's such an unusual little girl, but I love that about her. I always thought people were lying to be cool growing up when they said their favorite color was black. But now I see, I should not have judged.



The candy table. Does it look like a wannabe pinterest table or what?? 


Here's the video. It's super lame. I'm sad I have to be the one to do the videos these days. They are nowhere near as good as when Brad would do them.

               

Anway, I just feel blessed to have Breanna in our family. She's special. When she was born I remember being overwhelmed with her spirit. It felt like it filled the room and the only way I could describe it was "sweet". She still has that same spirit. I love watching her and getting to know her and I love her so much. This is her getting ready to leave for pajama day at preschool. She's been waiting years for this!


Afton turned one. She likes to walk fast and embarrass me by begging other Moms to hold her.  She talks a ton and has all of the intonations down but only says a few words- hot, hat (she whispers those and they sound exactly the same and it's so cute when she blows something hot), she asks "what's that?" and "what's this?" and says "hi dad" while waving. She also likes to say "MUM!" really loud just to see if I'll look and am paying attention. Afton is definitely very passionate about life. She can hardly contain it. She wakes up in the morning with wide eyes and looks around to find something to point at and practically screams "WHAT'S THAT?" It's like she's saying Do you see that? Isn't it amazing? But it's just a door, or a blanket or a light. She likes to stack things and put things inside of things. She knows by now what she's not supposed to have and when I mess up and leave it out she studiously brings it to me and hands it over willingly with a look on her face like "here's the scissors Mom, you know I'm not supposed to have these so what are you doing leaving them out?" Her birthday was, well...simple. But she was surrounded by family and she got to devour cake and to her that's all that mattered! 



Brad and I went snowboarding and it was so much fun. Then we went to the hot springs. Although I felt guilty leaving my kids it was worth it to have that time with my husband. I was so in love with him by the end of it. Yay! I get to spend the rest of forever with this hot, nice, smart guy who is in love with me and also thinks I'm pretty special.




We're ready for Christmas! It's a great feeling. Next up our trip to Florida. I'm so excited!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That was a great video Sarah! Looks like the party was lots of fun, I especially liked how much Jesse liked the chicken dance. And the cake looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah you're amazing. That party looked so fun and then you topped it off with the awesome video that had me laughing... it's fun to get a sneak peak at what Holli is like when I'm not around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See! it is so worth all the work! Fun party for a little girl deserves the world!- Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post and the video. Thank you for sharing everything - it made me happy. I love the description you gave of little Afton.
    And I hope you know that MY little girl is special, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the video! It was a perfect way to rejuvenate my brain on my study break.

    ReplyDelete